Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Arno William Bergstrom

Arno joined us quickly on Sunday morning exactly one week early! To make a "long" story short.......I woke up at 2:30 AM and by 4am I realized I was having contractions so I woke up Arno. At 430am we spoke to our Midwife who reminded us to stay calm being that this is our first baby and this could be a long process. At 450am my water broke so Arno called the Midwife again around 515am. When she called us back it was about 530am and Arno told her "the contractions are 1 minute long, 25 seconds to 45 seconds apart and my wife is pushing". She then said it is fine for us to come to the hospital to get "checked" since she was heading there for another client anyway. By the time we made it to the car it was 545am and we off to the hospital. Once they let us in (yes they told us we were in the wrong entrance and to go around the block) it was 6am and I delivered in the emergency room at 6:21 am. The delivery was not an "emergency" but because they did not want me to deliver in the elevator the emergency room was the closest room available!

This is the face that makes it all worth it!





Arno weighed in at 7lbs 13ozs and was 19 1/2" long.




Here we are, just moments after I delivered him in the ER :) For all those Wildcats out there you will notice that I am wearing Arno's Arizona "A" sweatshirt still. Who needs a hospital gown anyway?





And the namesakes for our little guy! Daddy Arno and Grandpa Arno! (Great Grandpa Arno - Not Pictured)



Proud Dad!




Out of the ER they took us up to the 14th floor where we were supposed to deliver the little speedster.


So off we go to the 12 floor for love and relaxation where we were greeted by wonderful friends and family.................... Here is Little Arno's only Great Grandparent, Grandma Braaten.




Headed home .................... (first elevator ride)
How does this Car seat work? Where is the manual for this thing? "Yes, I just covered Little Arno's eyes since his Dad is going to drive"

Many, Many More Adventures To Come......................................................................... And Pictures

2 comments:

Charmayne said...

I so enjoyed this! Wonderful photos of our new star!

Melissa said...

Congrats! He is so cute, and I love the name!

Riley Tracker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Arno Tracker

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Puget Sound Scuba Diving

Puget Sound Scuba Diving
Who Said Diving in the Northwest is Dark?